After the E.Coli Event:
- Due to the E. coli hits in our system and the water sample from Well #2 that tested positive for E. coli last month, the Department of Health (DOH) required Sallal to 1) disinfect all source water and 2) maintain a chlorine residual in the system. These requirements for disinfection must continue until we can prove to DOH that disinfection is not required.
- Staff are monitoring the level of chlorine in the water to adjust the levels to minimum levels as required by the DOH. This will take some time to fine tune the system.
- Well 2 is offline. All water is being supplied by Wells 1 and 3. We do not have a complete understanding right now of what processes will be necessary to prove to DOH that the well is not contaminated, the costs involved, or how long it all might take. However, DOH has told us that chlorination will be at least 12 months.
- Our engineer and staff are working on solutions that will allow Well 2 to come back online. This will require not only capital outlay to construct the needed chlorination disinfection, but a pipeline modification to meet the required 6 minutes of chlorine contact time in the well water before the first connection in the system.
- Disinfection methods and costs will be shared with the membership as soon as more accurate estimates are available.
- More details will be provided in the October Newsletter. In addition, a Water Incident Report will be posted on the website as soon as it is completed.
- Thanks again for everyone’s patience.
Please see the October Newsletter for current news about Sallal.
The board meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Association office located at 44021 SE Tanner Road, Suite E. The meeting begins at 6 pm. All members are welcome to attend.
The Sallal Water Association supplies potable water to about 1,700 connections serving approximately 5,000 people throughout the service area, including the Wilderness Rim Association. The system currently supplies around 190 million gallons of water each year using three wells to meet the demands of its members.
The Association is a non-profit, consumer-owned corporation, and a proud and active member of the communities we serve. We welcome the opportunity to work with our customers and partners alike, and our staff is available to provide assistance from our office on Tanner Road in North Bend, WA during regular business hours (see below).
Association Office Location
44021 SE Tanner Road – Suite E
North Bend, WA 98045
Fax (425) 831-5392
P.O. Box 378
North Bend, WA 98045
Monday-Thursday 8am – 4pm, closed at lunch hour
Friday 7am – 3pm
FOR WATER EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS:
Tree Bergman: (425) 445-7339
Denny Scott: (425) 531-0518