Water Conservationusing water efficiently and avoiding waste — is essential to ensure that we have adequate water today and into the future. Water is a finite resource. It is up to all of us to use water wisely, and it is as simple as each of us making small changes. Make conserving water a daily part of your life. And remember when you save water, you save energy and money!
Save Money – Conserving water saves you money!
- Your water bill is based on the amount of water you consume, so every gallon you conserve is money saved. A 20% reduction in water consumption is not hard to do.
- 75% of the water you use in your home gets heated. By reducing your consumption of water you’ll also reduce your energy bills
For Future Generations
- Allows rivers and streams to maintain adequate water levels and flow. This helps to sustain healthy aquatic ecosystems.
- Reduces the need to develop new water treatment facilities and new water storage – a process that often causes unfavorable environmental repercussions.
- Indirectly, helps to reduce energy consumption for water and wastewater development, treatment, and distribution.
Resources for More Information